Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 7

My Most Treasured ITEM


I emphasized ITEM because that is what the 'rules' said. I try not to be materialistic. Don't get me wrong, I love THINGS. I love to get them, buy them, enjoy them. But I am not at all lost or upset if THINGS are lost, broken or whatever. Yes, I acknowledge that it sucks with a "Gosh Darn It! That really bites that I don't have this THING anymore." But my world doesn't come crashing down without them. And again these are THINGS. Not people. That's a whole other treasure.

So my ITEM are these


You might not know it by the way they look. They are bent, written in, pages are missing (I have children), and most the time you can find them on my bedroom floor next to my bed. But that is why they are my most treasured item. I always use them. I would be lost without them. I wouldn't grow, learn, accomplish or know anything in this life without them. If this set gets too thrashed and too many pages go missing then I will replace them...and a 'new' set will mean the same to me. I'm growing as a wife, mother and daughter of God because of the scriptures. I am so grateful for them.

1 comment:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

What a great post. I feel rather humble now, because I haven't been showing my scriptures the love enough lately. I keep using my laptop. Thanks to you, I will repent and get back to my lovely large-print edition.

BTW. I am a "non-scripture-marker" type person. There aren't many of us, but I don't mark. Weird? Maybe I should write a post about that.