Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
But here I go again repeating myself:
This Week is Mid-Winter Break. One whole week in February for the kids to be out of school. We just had Winter Break. (aka Christmas Vacation, but they don't dare call it that) And in April we will have our Spring Break. Do these kids ever go to school???
Reassuring Note - I love my children, I would do anything in the world for them (as long as it isn't while I'm reading or playing video games heehee jk) I love the time that I spend with them, and I love the time they are at school so I can plan for the times I will spend with them.
BUT..Couldn't we please get rid of this stupid break in February. Give us the Friday and Monday for Presidents Day break and then throw the other days at the end of the school calendar for extra Summer days. There was a school district survey this year asking us parents our opinions on the length of our breaks. I definitely voiced mine!
I'm hoping, if I'm diligent in my faith and prayers of how I want this week to go, (Yes, I said how I want, ) I will be able to accomplish those things I have my sights set on. Such as: Scrapbooking, Laundry, Deep Cleaning, and ACTIVITIES WITH THE CHILDREN...HAPPY, EASY GOING, FUN ACTIVITIES WITH MY WONDERFUL, LOVING, WELL BEHAVED CHILDREN!!
Friday, February 18, 2011
- I lied in bed this morning and hollered at my kids to rotate the laundry
- I also yelled at them to change the baby's diaper
- And I didn't crawl out of bed till 8:00
- Which is enough time to make lunches, sign folders and do hair style on 1st grader
- No Kindergarten on Fridays which gives me 30 extra minutes to lay around
- But not enough time to have family scripture study
- I will be paying for that one......again
- Yes, I said again.
- Friday, Saturdays and Sundays is something I need to work at
- Saturdays are kinda mixed up for me
- When most people are doing Saturday stuff IE: grocery shopping, birthday parties, ward activities, school events, day trips; I hide in my house until Sunday.
- The hub works weekend nights so I tend to avoid taking my children anywhere without his help.
- I've participated in Saturday happenings before.
- It's getting easier as the kids get older
- Saturday events without children......buahahahahahaahahahh.
- Very, very rare because then you need extra dough for babysitter plus the cost of going out.
- And I can never go to adult dinners, ward temple night, or dances to chaperon.
- I like being a bit different from the vast majority of the world.
- But I kinda like our do nothing, hide away from the world, don't let the sun in or I'll evaporate Saturdays.
Don't forget to link up with Glamazon and confess ;D
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I can totally understand where I went wrong. (Yes, I'm admitting that I really screwed it up) And I might have time to fix it with child #4, because I figured it out because of him. But I probably won't because I'm .....come on...you know this....I've said it many many times.....I'm LAZY.
Here's what I figure:
When my kids are 16 months old or so until the time they are 3 they are extremely cute and funny. (Well, they are cute and funny at any age depending on the moment) We (my husband and I) laugh at just about all they do including, making messes, spitting milk, throwing food, running away when we call them, dancing on the furniture, burping/farting in public, throwing freshly folded laundry, hitting us and their siblings, taking apart books and photo albums. The list is continuing in my head but I don't want to bore you. Probably too late for that though...oops.
I use to say that God made my kids so cute so I don't kill them. This is about the 4 or 5 year old age. But now I realize I messed it up because I laughed at them when they were 2. Now it is all just a slammin' good time to tear up the house and not listen to word I say. It's what I find amusing....remember....I use to laugh at this stuff...what happened. It is like they are saying, "Wait, Mom isn't laughing...something isn't right, I must not be making a big enough mess or something. Let's make it bigger."
Where was the point that made it go from funny and cute TO can't you guys clean up after yourself??
Did I mess up by not teaching responsibility at the same time I was laughing at their cuteness?
Why am I asking these questions if I 'figured' it all out?
Oh that's right. I haven't! This parenting thing doesn't make sense, I can't figure these kids out, and I just need chug another Diet Dr. Pepper and pretend.......pretend.....um.....pretend that I have it figured out and tomorrow is going to ROCK because of my amazing epiphany. (Did you catch the sarcasm?...because there was none.....really)
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
I can't believe how long it has been since I confessed. Let's just get started shall we.
- I expect everyone in the house to take care of their shoes...except for me.
- It's ok if I leave mine out because I always need them on more often and more in a hurry.
- I dropped the F Bomb at my children this week.
- I would love to blame Aunt Flo or Satan but honestly I had a choice, I thought about it for a millimeter of a second and I said it anyway.
- The little Kindergartner Whiny Pants sitting next to me right now is going to get her a** kicked.
- She throws fits and whines over the stupidest thing.
- Can't get her to help or contribute to anything.
- Earlier post claimed I was putting her up for adoption
- This is still a BIG possibility
- But I might be leaning more toward Foster Care
- She might just find a more "fitting" family that way.
- Or a Kennel???Hmmmm?
- Maybe I should be put in a Kennel
- Maybe I should quit typing and hug her?
- Maybe I should hug her and then make her take a nap?
- Maybe I should take a nap with her?
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
What in the hell just happened? I go to Target to pick up diapers and Valentines and walk out wondering how I just spent 70$ on all this crap. Which isn't a lot of crap. Ok it doesn't help to pick up one or two more items that was not on my list.. but.. cheapy paper plates couldn't make that big of a difference in the total cost of the trip right?!?
Here's what I got:
- 3 sets of paper Valentines for the 3 kids in school. (Thank you to my baby's Mama (lady I babysit for) for rubbing it in that her three oldest are now in Junior High and she doesn't have to buy Valentines for classes of 25 and make Valentines boxes)
- 3 sets of 24 count dinky erasers to hand out with their valentines. (No candy as requested by one of their teachers for their Heart Healthy celebration)
- 3 PEZ dispensers to give as a Valentine to children from Me
- 1 bag of Giant candy hearts
- 1 package of Reesus Peanut Butter Hearts for MY VALENTINE
- 1 small car toy for my littlest Valentine
- 3 sets of stickers to decorate their Valentine boxes.
- 1 package size 4 Huggies diapers
- 1 pack of cheapy small sized paper plates
- 1 box of swifter wet jet cleaning pads
All of this for a grand total of $63.92.
Am I being a cheap, anal, nut case? Or does this seem like a waste of money? I just see it as another sign that I need to be more on the ball with my food storage because prices of items (especially food if you haven't noticed) are going up higher each day. And I'm pretty sure that prices will not be dropping for a LOOOONNNNGGG time. This is the last Valentines Day 60$ blowout I will ever do. My children will be making handmade Valentines out of Christmas paper if they have too next year. And if I have no pink paper to wrap a box for them they can use brown, grocery bag paper. Ok this probably won't happen because it all goes back to what I claim in just about every post...
So I will buy the all ready made Wizards of Waverly place, Tinkerbell, Batman valentines. I will buy the candy or erasers. I will buy the stickers, paper, and doilies to make cute boxes. And I will whine about it all over again next year too.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Garrett loved the Wiggles when he was a toddler. My mom sent him movie and fortunately it still runs without fail. But because you can only watch a certain amount of the same movie before you go completely loony, and On Demand doesn't update their selections enough, I borrowed a couple of DVD's from the library. Ben E doesn't talk much. But when he needs something he converses with us usually with some sort of sign language. This is what he does when it's Wiggle time.