What in the hell just happened? I go to Target to pick up diapers and Valentines and walk out wondering how I just spent 70$ on all this crap. Which isn't a lot of crap. Ok it doesn't help to pick up one or two more items that was not on my list.. but.. cheapy paper plates couldn't make that big of a difference in the total cost of the trip right?!?
Here's what I got:
- 3 sets of paper Valentines for the 3 kids in school. (Thank you to my baby's Mama (lady I babysit for) for rubbing it in that her three oldest are now in Junior High and she doesn't have to buy Valentines for classes of 25 and make Valentines boxes)
- 3 sets of 24 count dinky erasers to hand out with their valentines. (No candy as requested by one of their teachers for their Heart Healthy celebration)
- 3 PEZ dispensers to give as a Valentine to children from Me
- 1 bag of Giant candy hearts
- 1 package of Reesus Peanut Butter Hearts for MY VALENTINE
- 1 small car toy for my littlest Valentine
- 3 sets of stickers to decorate their Valentine boxes.
- 1 package size 4 Huggies diapers
- 1 pack of cheapy small sized paper plates
- 1 box of swifter wet jet cleaning pads
All of this for a grand total of $63.92.
Am I being a cheap, anal, nut case? Or does this seem like a waste of money? I just see it as another sign that I need to be more on the ball with my food storage because prices of items (especially food if you haven't noticed) are going up higher each day. And I'm pretty sure that prices will not be dropping for a LOOOONNNNGGG time. This is the last Valentines Day 60$ blowout I will ever do. My children will be making handmade Valentines out of Christmas paper if they have too next year. And if I have no pink paper to wrap a box for them they can use brown, grocery bag paper. Ok this probably won't happen because it all goes back to what I claim in just about every post...
So I will buy the all ready made Wizards of Waverly place, Tinkerbell, Batman valentines. I will buy the candy or erasers. I will buy the stickers, paper, and doilies to make cute boxes. And I will whine about it all over again next year too.