Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Not So Friday Confessional

I've been in quite the rut lately. I would like to put my finger on exactly what it is that is making me feel this way...but there is no one thing in particular. It's a bunch of trickle down things that all effect everything. It been bugging the Mister pretty bad too. He hates it when I get this way. And I don't want to be, but i kind of do. How bad is that?









Isn't that just great? I mope around, sulk, space out, occasionally freak out on the kids or cry. I know what I need to do to fix it. But the really depressing part is....I don't want to....YET! I know I can't stay like this for too much longer. And I really, really am miserable about it...which is basically making me miserable on top of being miserable. But, I will get over it! I will get back on track! I will be OK! I will ENDURE!


But even though this bit of depression has got me in the slumps, there have been many rays of sunshine to remind me that I am a happy person.


Such As:



The way our new kitten "Gibby" falls asleep



The way Ben and Quinna play together

The way Garrett is so helpful and becoming such a cool, kind, guy.


The way my garden is growing


The way the girls have been making up dances.


And when a 'depression' commercial comes on, my husband gives me a raised eyebrow look/smirk. He always makes me smile. (He makes me cry too...but not on purpose, I don't even think he knows he does.)


I'm thankful for the sunshine in my life.

2 comments:

Jenette said...

So I have been thinking... you need to come visit me for a few days and I suppose the kids can come too.

Jaymi said...

I can't believe I missed this post. I love you! I hope you're ok! Just fix it already would ya so I don't have to worry! Maybe I should call?!