Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 17

Something That Has Made a Huge Impact on My Life Lately



Lately for me is the past 4 years. And the thing or things are these.



  • The US Government and Politics



  • Talk Radi0


I used to whine and complain to Riggles every time he would listen to Talk Radio in the car. I thought it was boring and uneventful. Now.....that's just about all I listen to in the car. I have definitely found my political beliefs these past couple of years because of talk radio, news, and some very good books out there. I can't believe how long I was 'in the dark'. I had no idea all the hula baloo that goes on in 'our behalf' without us even knowing it. I know there are a lot of people who do not get into to it all because it's 'scary'. And that's ok...for them. But I totally love learning and watching all about our country. Where we came from, where we are going. It can be scary seeing all the 'crap' that goes on. Wars, economy, "secret combinations". But that is the best part for me I think.



All this information that is out there really helps me grow. My testimony of the gospel grows. My testimony of The scriptures, the Prophets, of the Plan of Salvation. I see how it all fits together. I can appreciate the good, the miracles and the righteous a lot more because I also see the bad and wicked that is there. I'm grateful for this change in my life. I am looking forward to the time in my life when I can take a bigger role in my own community.




Check out Jon McNaugtons website to find out more details about his amazing paintings.

No comments: