Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Confessional



Here is my confession
  • I hate it when my husband leaves
  • I'm ok with him going to work that's normal
  • But when it's time for his team week, or a night out with the guys (especially after work) I hate it!!
  • It makes me sad, and angry
  • I get the poor me's so bad when he gets to do fun stuff
  • I even get the poor me's when he gets to go to work with all his good buddies.
  • Like I said I'm ok with him working.
  • He just has a great job with lots of great people.
  • He is so Lucky!
  • We get to do lots of fun stuff together.....but....what about just me?
  • That doesn't happen enough.
  • Whaaaaaa! I'm stuck at home with the kids...Whaaaaaa!!!!
  • He always tells me I could do fun stuff and hang out with friends.
  • But that includes extra money for babysitter, extra money for the fun stuff and we don't have a lot of extra money.
  • Or that could include him watching kids on his days off, which doesn't work out to well because most people are working during the middle of the week...duh.
  • Ugghhh!!! I feel like the biggest effing whiner right now. And it's not helping me feel better.
  • I should just put on my big girl panties and suck it up.
  • I get so angry at myself when I start feeling this way too.
  • I hate having the poor me's.
  • I hate feeling like a cry baby.
  • And I hate trying to get out of the rut.
  • Let's start getting out of the rut right now......(deep breath)
  • I really do love to stay at home with the kids.
  • I know I'm totally blessed and nobody else can raise these kids like I can.
  • I just think its time for a mommy vacation and leave daddy home for a week with the bunch!! Is it too late to sign up for girls camp?!?

Happy Friday everyone. Go link up with Glamazon and share your confessions !

10 comments:

Shana Eberhard said...

I know what you mean girl! I get the poor me's all the time, I agree a week away always helps!

BNM said...

i feel like that all the time its ok :)

Tylaine said...

Oh it's so easy to get the "poor me's". I love staying home with the kids too and wouldn't trade it for anything but it sure is thankeless and tough sometimes! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Oka said...

I think it's natural for a SAHM to feel this way. Why don't you try to start small? Do something for yourself once a month. Even if it has to be in the evening, and do it while hubby is working. Save a Babysitter when you want to do something with your husband. I promise, that one day a month (at first) will be a reminder to your husband what a day in your life is like.

Jeff and Carol said...

Playgroups are a life saver! Or even just a one-on-one playdates with a friend and her kids. Like they always say,"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." I've found my inner child and enjoy going to the park, playing dress-up, and doing art projects all day. Save the babysitter for date nights and have date nights OFTEN!!

Allyson & Jere said...

I hope you get a girls day out soon, 'cause hey, we ALL need that sometimes.

Jaymi said...

wah wah wah, poor poor Jewly,! just kidding I really feel for you but all your comments were So nice I though I would be mean and maybe put a smile on your face! funny thing is I cant find my big girl panties, so I'm having a pitty party, oh wait maybe thats a farty party....or potty party!

Adrienne said...

I get the poor me's all the time too but it is mostly about how I have to work and how I really want to stay hom with buggy

mintifresh said...

My hubby has been gone since yesterday and I am very ready for him to be home and for me to leave heehee

Melissa said...

Ah, sweetie, you are totally not the only one! It sucks! My hubby will say, well, you can go somewhere when I get home.

But when he is home, I want to be with him! There is no winning that situation.

I'm sorry it sucks-it's okay to feel sad about it, and know you're not the only one :)