Sunday, June 2, 2013

That truth made known to man

It's time for me to write down some thoughts and feelings.  It's been way to long.  I feel a great need to share my gratitude for the blessings in my life.  To testify of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  And to allow all those who stumble upon this site to read and feel it. 
This May, my oldest son turned 12.  He was ordained to the office of Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  This was a big deal for me.  And I'm just his mom.  I have not had the Priesthood in my home for the past 23 years.  I have been blessed by the Priesthood by many ways and forms.    But to actually have it in my home really makes me feel grateful and blessed. 
And my youngest daughter will be baptized this coming Saturday.  I'm so thankful for wonderful holders of the Priesthood who can bless my family so we can receive these sacred ordinances.  I'm calculating that if my youngest son can wait a couple of months after his 8th birthday, my oldest son will be able to perform that baptism ordination in four years. (Not mentioning all the other hopes and 'righteous' desires I will be praying for in the meantime.) 
I'm thankful for a supportive husband, that allows me to teach and raise our children in this Gospel.   And I'm thankful for my Savior, who has shown me the way to live.  Help me along that way.  And makes up for my mistakes as I carry on and try again and again to be a better person. 

2 comments:

Jenette said...

Thanks for sharing. My heart is now full.

Jaymi said...

This is good. REAL good. Thanks!