Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reflecting on a Fart

Last night as I was cuddling in bed with my 3 year old, he cut the cheese.  I told him he was gross, he giggled, and I asked him, "What do you say?"  He said, "Ixcuse me!". 
I was a little taken back.  Because usually he says, "Mee mee" for excuse me.  I pondered my growing son.  How fast its going by.  I thought of my other children, the eldest going off to middle school, the girls becoming little young ladies.  I thought to myself that it should make me more sad to see them all growing up so fast.  Knowing that I will never have them little again.  But I didn't feel sad.  I knew I would reflect this time, and the years before and miss them at their young ages.  But no sadness.   I believe that it is because of what I Know.  That families are eternal.  The children will ALWAYS be my children.   When this earthly life ends.   I will still be their mom.  We will work and act as the family unit we are.  I love that!  I love my family.  I love watching them grow. And I love that even though Summer Vacation hasn't technically started, (Thursday is last day), I will be excited when they go back to school.

No comments: